Five wanted men nabbed under new police/military initiative
Five men who were wanted for a number of serious crimes within the Corporate Area are now in police custody following the launch of a new police/military crime-fighting initiative on Wednesday, September 23.
The initiative, which was put in place by the high commands of both the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) and the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF), has been geared towards targeting gangs and major crime syndicates across the island.
In custody are:
• Ian Sommerville, otherwise called ‘Buju’, who was wanted for the murder of Jerome Harris on June 30, 2019.
• Sean Williams, who was wanted for the double murder of Delroy Small and Desmond Chambers, as well as a shooting in the Kingston Western Police Division.
• Avanash Bryson, who was wanted for a shooting in the Kingston Western Police Division.
• Francois Morris, otherwise called ‘Cruz’, who was wanted for a shooting in the Kingston Western division.
• Nakata Leslie, otherwise called ‘Frilly Q’, who was wanted for a shooting in the Kingston Western division.
The combined efforts of the security forces are expected to continue to see the dismantling of criminal gangs in the Corporate Area and the wider Jamaica, a release from the Corporate Communications Unit (CCU), the police’s information arm, stated.