Saturday 15 August, 2020

Five more COVID-19 recoveries; no new case within 24 hours

Five more COVID-19 patients have recovered and have been released from care in the last 24 hours up to Sunday afternoon.

Recoveries now stand at 620 (an 81.8 per cent rate).

At the same time, no new case of COVID-19 was recorded over the same 24-hour period.

The island’s total recorded case count remains at 758.

There are now 108 (14.2 per cent) active cases under observation in Jamaica, while 20 cases have been repatriated to their countries of origin.

There is no moderately or critically ill patient at present.

Five persons of interest are in quarantine at Government facilities, while some 14,837 are quarantined at home.

The parish health departments are currently following 324 close contacts of confirmed cases.

The case classification remains unchanged, with 240 imported cases; 236 cases that are contacts of confirmed cases; 39 local transmission cases not epidemiologically linked; 236 related to the workplace cluster in St Catherine; and seven cases are under investigation.

The majority of all the confirmed cases are females, with 426 (56 per cent), and the remaining 332 (44 per cent) are males. They range in age from two months to 87 years.

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: