Young Chefs' Kitchen: Prepare finger lickin' chicken tenders
Young Chefs' Kitchen this week showcases how to prepare the kiddies' favourite, chicken tenderloin strips.
Watch as Chef Latoya Panton and Young Chef Rachel Rowe prepare this delightful dish.
Here is the recipe:
Breaded Chicken Tenderloin Strips
12 Chicken Tenderloin Strips
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 cloves minced Garlic
Red Pepper Flakes
1 Egg Beaten with 1Tbsp. water
1 Cup flour seasoned with ½ tsp salt and a ¼ tsp pepper
1 Cup Bread Crumbs (Regular or Panko)
Vegetable oil for frying
- Season Chicken with salt, pepper, minced garlic and red pepper flakes
- In 3 separate bowls place the flour egg wash and breadcrumbs.
- Coat the seasoned chicken strips with flour shaking off the excess.
- Dip the floured chicken into the egg wash and then coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Fry the breaded chicken strips in hot oil (about 3700F)
- Fry until golden brown
Delicious Occasions opened its doors for the annual Young Chefs Summer Cooking Classes on June 18. Aimed at getting children and young adults active in the kitchen, the summer classes offer one on one training with Chef Panton and several top guest chefs across Jamaica.
For more information on the Young Chef’s Summer Classes, visit the website at deliciousoccasionsja.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 819-0959 or send a DM to @deliciousoccasionsja on Instagram.