Monday 21 January, 2019

Watch: Phone explodes in Chrepairman's hand during routine maintenance

This terrifying video captures the moment when a mobile phone exploded in a repairman's hand as he carried out maintenance. The video was filmed in Longnan City in northwestern China's Gansu Province on May 2.

The CCTV clip shows a fireball suddenly bursting from the device onto the technician's face as he is attempting to fix it.

According to local media, the battery of the phone exploded, causing the fire. Since the technician threw the phone down, he was not injured.

The type of mobile device was not identified. 

 

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: