Taste of Jamaica Culinary Competition and Expo set to sizzle
The Culinary Federation of Jamaica will host the 11th annual Taste of Jamaica Culinary Competition and Expo on November 24 and 25.
The Taste of Jamaica Culinary Competition & Expo is the premier culinary competition in Jamaica. It is a unique event developed to showcase Jamaica’s most outstanding culinary talents and expose the population to the exciting, vibrant and growing gastronomy movement in Jamaica.
At the event, chefs and bartenders compete for prizes in over 18 categories, with the most prestigious being the Chef of the Year. The competition is also used as a feeder for the national team to the Taste of the Caribbean competition held annually in Miami, where 12 to 15 Caribbean nations compete for top accolades.
The Taste of Jamaica Culinary Competition & Expo was first hosted in 2008 at the Runaway Bay HEART Training Institute and has progressively grown in size and scope to its current home at the Montego Bay Convention Centre.
With each year of operation, the Taste of Jamaica attendance has grown substantially. Over 3,000 patrons are expected to be in attendance at this year’s event. The event attendees will include:
- Culinary students at the high school, vocational and tertiary levels;
- Food & beverage Professionals;
- Purchasing agents who wish to see the newest products in the Jamaican marketplace and learn what is happening on the local food scene;
- Local producers and vendors with unique food offerings who wish to expose their products to a larger captive audience; and
- Food lovers from across the Globe
Taste of Jamaica 2018 will provide the opportunity to learn, view and experience Jamaica’s culinary offerings. Tickets are J$500 and doors are open from 8am to 8pm.