Monday 11 November, 2019

Six, including a woman, charged for kidnapping in Manchester

Six of 10 persons who allegedly took part in planning and executing a kidnapping in Manchester last month, have so far been arrested and charged for the related offences by the police as a probe continues into the matter.

Head of the Manchester police, Superintendent Wayne Cameron, made the disclosure at the Manchester Chamber of Commerce’s Crime Forum on Thursday evening.

Cameron said those arrested included a woman, and they have been charged with kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap.

The victim of the kidnapping, an adult male, was noted to have fallen prey after meeting another man online, and being lured to a community in the parish.

In outlining limited details of the plot, Superintendent Cameron said: "When he got there, he was met by a female, who took him to a particular house, where there were nine men waiting, including the one who (had) invited him online.”

Cameron said the victim “was held for ransom, and money was paid over".

In addressing another major crime matter relative to the parish, Cameron said the police intend to improve border protection operations in Manchester, to deter access to migrant criminals through the main entry points into the parish.

He said seven of 44 murders which were recorded in the parish last year were committed by migrant criminals.

The superintendent said the police have identified several of the main access points that have been used by criminals, including Comfort Hall, Holyville and Porus.

He also indicated that special focus is being placed on some communities in the southern section of the parish, such as Cross Keys and Pusey Hill.

For breaking news, download our app at http://bit.ly/GetALoopJM for Android; and at http://bit.ly/GetiLoopJM for IoS.

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free:

  

Comments