Reggae Pop Quiz: Bob, Dennis, Gregory and more...
A young 'Crown Prince of Reggae', Dennis Brown
How well do you know reggae? To honour Bob Marley on his 74th birthday, Loop News has decided to test your reggae expertise with a pop quiz on the music that put Jamaica on the map.
Take the trivia below and then check out the answers in the gallery.
1. In 1963, Bob Marley, Bunny Wailer, Peter Tosh, Junior Braithwaite, Beverley Kelso, and Cherry Smith joined together to form a band, years before The Wailers were signed to Coxsone Dodd. What was the name of that first group?
A. The Paragons
B. The Teenagers
C. The Wailing Kids
D. The Soldiers of Jah
E. The Conquerors
2. What was the name of a 12 year old Dennis Brown's first ever released song recorded by Clement "Coxsone" Dodd's Studio One label in 1969?
A. Black Magic Woman
B. If I Follow My Heart
C. No Man is an Island
D. Baby Don't Do it
3. Which year did Gregory Isaacs score his first Jamaican no. 1 hit with Love is Overdue?
4. Which year was 'Cool Ruler' Gregory Isaacs imprisoned on a six month sentence for possession of unlicensed firearms?
5. How many Grammy awards has Damian Marley earned as a recording artiste?
Answers Reggae Quiz Feb9
5: 100% Reggae Fan - Nuh body caan't test
4: Yah gwaan good - Yuh know nuff!
3: Yuh do alrite - Yuh can pass
2: Yuh need some work
0 to 1: What a shame!