Friday 14 August, 2020

No new COVID-19 case within 24 hours; two more recoveries

Two more COVID-19 patients have recovered and have been released from care within the last 24 hours up to Friday afternoon.

Recoveries now stand at 605 (an 80 per cent rate).

At the same time, no new case of COVID-19 was recorded over the 24-hour period.

The island’s total number of positive cases remains at 753. 

There are 119 (16 per cent) active cases currently under observation in Jamaica, while 19 cases have been repatriated to their countries of origin.

There are no moderately or critically ill persons among the active cases at present.

Three persons of interest are in quarantine at Government facilities, while some 13,028 are quarantined at home.

The parish health departments are currently following 310 close contacts of confirmed cases.

The case classification remains unchanged, with 235 imported cases; 236 cases that are contacts of confirmed cases; 39 local transmission cases not epidemiologically linked; 236 related to the workplace cluster in St Catherine; and seven cases are under investigation.

The majority of all the confirmed cases are females, with 424 (56 per cent) and the remaining 329 (44 per cent) are males. They range in age from two months to 87 years.

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: