Tuesday 16 October, 2018

Legal Aid Council steps in to protect minor on murder charge

The Legal Aid Council has requested that the minor who has been charged following the death of a Bog Walk High School student earlier this week, be placed in a facility that is suitable for minors.

The request was made of the investigation officer in the matter, who was reported as indicating that the accused minor would have been taken before a parish judge on Wednesday.

In a media release on Wednesday, the Legal Aid Council said further investigation will take place within the strictures of the Child Care and Protection Act, which require minors to be detained or remanded in appropriate facilities for children.

The council also said it had taken steps to identify other suspects/accused in the matter who are in need of legal representation.

For breaking news, download our app at http://bit.ly/GetALoopJM for Android; and at http://bit.ly/GetiLoopJM for IoS.