Instagram rolls out new update: One post, multiple photos
Created : 24 February 2017
As of Wednesday, February 22, users can post multiple photos and videos in one post – creating a photo album effect.
“With this update, you no longer have to choose the single best photo or video from an experience you want to remember. Now, you can combine up to 10 photos and videos in one post and swipe through to see them all.”
Here what you need to know about the new multiple feature.
- When uploading to your feed, you’ll see a new icon to “select multiple” photos and videos.
- You can tap and hold to change the order, apply a filter to everything at once or edit one by one.
- These posts have a single caption and are square-only for now.
- On your profile grid, you’ll notice the first photo or video of your post has a little icon, which means there’s more to see.
- In feed, you’ll see blue dots at the bottom of these posts to let you know you can swipe to see more. You can like and comment on them just like a regular post.
This update is available as part of Instagram version 10.9 for iOS and Android.
Instagram has over 500 million active users worldwide.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: