Gun attack leaves four teenagers injured in downtown Kingston
Created : 13 August 2018
The police are monitoring the West Street area of downtown Kingston following a drive-by gun attack there that left four teenage boys injured on Sunday.
Reports are that about 5:45 p.m., the boys, said to be between 15 and 16 years’ old, were standing along the roadway when a car was driven up with three men aboard, who opened gunfire at the youngsters.
The attackers then made their escape.
The police were called and the teenagers found suffering from gunshot wounds.
As a result of the incident, the police said they have increased their presence in the area as they seek to clamp down on any plans that elements from the area may have of retaliating.
“We have increased both police/military presence in the area,” said Howard Chambers, head of the Kingston Western Police Division in which West Street falls.
No motive has so far been established for the attack.