Thursday 13 August, 2020

Four new COVID-19 cases amid 15 recoveries

Within the last 24 hours up to Sunday afternoon, the number of recovered patients from the coronavirus (COVID-19) has increased by 15.

The total number of patients now recovered and released from care stands at 584 (a 79.8 per cent recovery rate).

At the same time, Jamaica has seen an increase in COVID-19 cases by four. This brings the country’s total number of confirmed cases to 732.

The new cases consist of one male and three females, with ages ranging from one to 59 years.

Three of the cases are imported, with the individuals having arrived recently on flights from the United States. They have addresses of residence in the Corporate Area (two) and Westmoreland (one).

The fourth case is a contact of an imported case (import-related) residing in St James.

There are now 126 (17.2 per cent) active cases under observation, while 12 (1.6 per cent) cases were repatriated to their country of origin.

There is no moderately ill or critically ill patient at present.

The health departments across the country are following 310 close contacts of confirmed cases, while 11 persons of interest remain quarantined at Government facilities, and 6,336 are in home quarantine.

The 732 confirmed cases on record in Jamaica have been categorised as 216 imported cases; 234 cases that are contacts of confirmed cases; 39 local transmission cases not epidemiologically linked; 236 related to the workplace cluster in St Catherine, and seven cases under investigation.

Females account for 57 per cent (414) of all confirmed cases, and the remaining 43 per cent (318) are males.

The ages of all the confirmed cases range from two months to 87 years.

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: