Wednesday 12 August, 2020

Five new imported COVID-19 cases; seven recoveries

Seven more COVID-19 patients have recovered and have been released from isolation, bringing the total number of recoveries to 591 (an 80.2 per cent recovery rate).

At the same time, following the confirmation of five new cases within the last 24 hours up to Monday afternoon, Jamaica now has a total of 737 COVID-19 cases on record.

The five new cases are imported, the individuals having arrived on flights from the United States and the Dominican Republic.

Three are males and two are females, with ages ranging from 17 to 65 years.

Three are Jamaican nationals with addresses in the Corporate Area (two) and Manchester (one).

Two are non-Jamaicans staying in St James.

There are now 123 (16.7 per cent) active cases under observation, while 13 cases (1.7 per cent) were repatriated to their country of origin.

There is no moderately ill or critically ill patient at present.

Nine persons of interest remain quarantined at Government facilities, and 6,896 are in home quarantine.

The health departments across the island are currently following 300 close contacts of confirmed cases.

The 737 cases that have been recorded in Jamaica have been categorised as 221 imported cases; 234 cases that are contacts of confirmed cases; 39 local transmission cases not epidemiologically linked; 236 related to the workplace cluster in St Catherine, and seven cases under investigation.

Females account for 56 per cent (416) of all the confirmed cases, and the remaining 44 per cent (321) are males.

The ages of all the confirmed cases range from two months to 87 years.

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free:

  

Comments