Dream Weekend celebrates 10 years
Revellers will make the journey to Negril over the 'Emanci-pendence' period, August 1 to August 6, for the most epic of party festivals in the region, Dream Weekend, which is celebrating its 10th anniversary.
Over the years, the event has been the celebratory homecoming event for Jamaicans and Jamaican culture lovers in the diaspora and beyond to celebrate 'Emanci-pendence'.
Attracting some 30,000 people yearly, Dream has been the event of choice for those who want to immerse in the ultimate Jamaican party experience.
The 2018 staging boasts 10 events over 5 days:
- Dream Live
- Celebrity Playground
- Twisted Spiritz
- Wet and Wild
- World Vibes
- Dream J’ouvert; and
- Mawnin After, a brand new event, its Dream Weekend's first ever breakfast party on the white sands of Negril. At this event patrons will be treated to a full spread of Jamaican dishes from ackee and saltfish to jerk chicken as well as pork and everything in between.
For the 10th anniversary Dream will be pulling out all the stops with an amazing entertainment lineup:
- Jah Cure
- Ding Dong
- Tommy Lee
- Shal Marshall
- Tony Matterhorn
- Bass Odyssey
- Fire Links
- Delano & Jazzy T (Renaissance)
- Bishop Escobar
- DJ Nicco
- Crazy Neil
- DJ Lank (Code Red)
- Willy Chin (Black Chiney)
- Kamal Bankay
- Paul Michael
- DJ Face
- Lord Hype
- Team Shella
- Ricky Platinum
- World Fresh
- DJ Tyrone
- DJ Smoke
- Redd Heat
- DJ Spinn; and
- Smoke Infinity
There will also be some key additions for the 10th anniversary:
- The redemption centre will be at the Bayside village shopping plaza opening midday to 2am from August 1 to 4.
- Dream will also be shooting a music video during the weekend for the summer song of the year, “Dream Weekend” performed by Ding Dong and Konshens; capturing all the sights and sounds of the entire Negril experience in and out of the events.
- Wet and Wild will be expanded to three music stages this year
- In commemoration of the 10th anniversary of the company, Dream Entertainment will be launching the Dream Weekend Cruise whilst in Negril, setting sail in March 2019 before coming home to host Xodus, Jamaica’s biggest carnival parade.
Director of Dream Entertainment, Kamal Bankay said, “For 2018, our event and entertainment lineup is epic, so we can guarantee people are going to leave saying it was the best party experience they have ever been to…ever.
"We are pulling out all the stops to ensure that the patron experience is improved; we have revamped the redemption centre, we will have more shuttle buses running than ever before and ultra-high end liquor will be available! Additionally, in true dream fashion we will have quite a few surprises in terms of additional entertainers and wow moments that will take the patron experience to another level,” Bankay said.
The 10th anniversary staging of Negril Dream Weekend 2018 is sponsored by J Wray & Nephew, Campari, Magnum Tonic Wine, Hennessy, Jamaica Observer, Jamaica Tourist Board, Sagicor Bank, Hertz Rental, Happy Ice, Starlight Productions, Inseason Juices, Catherine’s Peak, MailPac, Loop Jamaica, Main Event, Juici Patties and Ironade Energy.