Closing hours announced for businesses across parishes under SOE
The police have advised residents and business operators in St James, Westmoreland and Hanover that in light of the declaration of a state of public emergency in the parishes, the following closing times now apply:
1. Clubs and fast food restaurants – from 6:00 a.m. until 12:00 a.m.
2. Every place required by law to operate under a tavern licence – from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m.
3. Petroleum filling stations – from 6:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.
4. Supermarkets, grocery shops, harberdasheries, cook shops and any other place offering goods for sale – from 6:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
5. Pharmacies – From 6:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m.
6. Any other public place, except a tourism enterprise, or a tourism accommodation as defined in the Tourist Board Act – From 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m.
The police said persons are being asked to comply fully with the new stipulations as the security forces seek to partner with residents to create safer communities.