5 month old dies, 2 year old suffers severe burns in Clarendon fire
Created : 1 November 2017
A five month old child died after fire of unknown origin broke out at a house in Lionel Town, Clarendon on Tuesday.
The deceased has been identified as Yashemia Gordon.
Reports are that at around 11 am, Yashemia and her two year old brother were left at home unattended by their mother who went to a nearby shop.
Shortly afterwards, fire was seen coming from the house. The mother managed to rescue her son from the blaze, but was unsuccessful in her attempts to save little Yashemia, whose body was found among the rubble after a May Pen Fire Department unit extinguished the blaze.
The boy reportedly suffered severe burns all over his body and was taken to hospital for treatment.
Loss as a result of the fire damage to the house is estimated at $2 million.
The Lionel Town police are investigating.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: