Thursday 24 September, 2020

5 injured following explosion at primary school in Manchester

Five people are injured following an explosion at the Villa Road Primary School in Mandeville, Manchester on Monday morning.

Reports are that about 9.30am, a cooking gas supplier was refilling gasoline cylinders for the cafeteria when there was an explosion, injuring the five persons and damaging sections of the roof.

Two of the victims reportedly sustained serious burns. No student was injured in the blast, according to reports.

School officials cancelled classes for the day immediately following the incident and instructed parents to pick up their children.

Police are yet to confirm the cause of the explosion.

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: